During this time of year, heat stress becomes a prevalent issue not only outdoors but in the workplace as well!
As you go about your work day, please keep in mind the following heat stress symptoms:
- Lack of concentration
- Inability to make decisions
- Making mistakes you do not normally make
- Lack of certain motor skills
If heat stress is prolonged, it can lead to a serious condition called heat stroke. There are two simple actions one can take to avoid the above-noted symptoms:
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Take breaks in shaded areas or in temperature controlled environments
With that said, stay cool and have a safe day everyone!