At BWS we consistently strive to keep conversations regarding safety and prevention at the forefront. Our Monday morning safety talks are all part of that process! Mark’s topic on hand safety was presented by Abby this morning to our staff. The decision to discuss this particular topic was a result of two hand injuries that took place in our plant just last week.
Statistically, did you know that the most injured body part on average is the hand? Luckily these types of injuries are preventable. By identifying hazards and developing safety measures, you and your employer can prevent your hands from being among the 500,000 injured in Canada each year.
Some tips to help prevent injuries are:
- Work at your own pace;
- Stay alert – always watch what your hands are doing;
- Use a push stick to feed a circular saw or other power tools;
- Understand how to use the tools and equipment for your job;
- Control panels should be designed, installed and guarded to reduce the risk of accidents as much as possible;
- Always check to make sure the power is turned off on a tool before starting repairs.
For more information on safety tips in the work place, please visit our blog: https://www.bwstrailers.com/blog/
We hope you all have a safe and happy work week!