Mark had a simple yet useful message for our team this morning after returning from the long Easter weekend! This week, the focus was on safely transporting and using gas cylinders in the workplace.
There are several types of cylinders that hold different gasses. Here are some tips to remember when handling these items:
- When transporting a cylinder, the safest way to do so is with a cart. However, if necessary, a forklift may be used as long as the cylinder has had the chance to settle first.
- Always transport cylinders with the caps on.
- Be careful not to damage the inner valve when removing the cap on a cylinder.
- To store, keep cylinders chained up.
- Always separate full cylinders from empty ones.
We hope everyone has a safe and happy work week!