Welcome back after a long weekend! Today we held our “Monday morning” safety talk on a Tuesday due to the holiday yesterday. This week, Mark addressed a very common issue in the workplace: back pain.
Mark listed some of the “Do’s” and “Dont’s” for lifting in the work place in his talk today. Some actions you should avoid when lifting are:
- Lifting bulky loads alone
- Twisting when lifting
- Using only your back strength when lifting
- Lifting loads that are too heavy
Alternatively, here are some easy steps one can follow to avoid back injuries at work:
- Lift as a team
- Turn with the legs instead of your torso
- Lift with your leg strength instead of your back strength
- Use equipment when necessary – this will save your back from injury!
Have a safe work week everyone!